Sunday, August 23, 2009

Honesty!

We have been working on teaching Brayden to tell the truth and what a lie is. Several times I explained it to him and he learns pretty fast so I thought he understood. I think he was testing the waters a bit for a few days, and he is not a very good liar.
Me- Brayden you need to go get dressed, then you can watch Mickey Mouse.
Brayden- okay, he then went down the hallway and came back a few minutes later ready to watch tv.
B- Momma can I watch Mickey Mouse now
M- Did you get dressed?
B- Yes
M- Remember do not lie to me, we then had a quick refresher on what a lie is, now Brayden did you get dressed
B- yes
M- you took off your jammies and put on clothes?
B- yes
M- Brayden you are lying to me
B - no I 'm not
M- yes you are, you are still wearing your jammies
He then looked down at his jammies as if he just realized this was not going to work.
A couple nights later at dinner he had something in his mouth turned to the side, facing Curtis, and spit it on the floor. I'm still not sure why, this is not normal behavior for him. Curtis asked him if he just spit on the floor and he said no. I reminded him not to lie. He then said in his sweetest voice, I honestly did. This was followed by him then cleaning the floor.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Cheri said...

How sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home