Friday, July 22, 2011

My Little Climber!

No pictures today.  Just a funny store.
Colby has gotten really good at climbing. One night Brayden came and got us because Colby was in his bed.  He can now climb into our bed.  And twice now I have found him sitting in the middle of the coffee table. 
So tonight, Curtis and I were finishing dinner and the boys were playing in the living room.  We heard a little whimper so Curtis asked what they were doing.  Brayden replied in a concerned voice "Colby needs your help!"  We went tearing into the living room to find Colby in an interesting position.  He was standing on his dump truck,  his hands holding onto the bookcase about 2 feet in front of his feet, and there was his big bubba holding his middle.  Thank God for his awesome big brother!  Not 3 minutes later I heard him in the kitchen with a chair.  We went in there.  He had pushed a chair up to the counter and was trying to climb up to stand on it.  We told him no.  He got down, then said "what can I stand on?  Oh, a stepstool."  Then he was off again.
Two times during his "naptime" I have heard Colby screaming and crying.  I start to run and ask what is wrong.  Colby yells "I need help, me stuck."  I run up the stairs, my heart pounding.  When I get to his room he is stuck on his bookshelf.  He was climbing and can't go up or down.  The best part is that the bookcase in his room is only about 3 feet tall, and both times one of his feet was on the bottom shelf.
I can't wait until this climbing phase is over!
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home