Sunday, January 08, 2012

Preparing for Christmas!

We had a lot of fun getting ready for Christmas.  What a beautiful place to be at Christmas time.  Between the cold weather and the snow covered mountains it really felt like Christmas.
Some excited boys!

We were very excited to cut down our own tree this year.  Much more fun than shopping at Home Depot.
This was Colby's favorite tree.



This was my favorite tree.


Colby was trying to stand on a tree stump like Big Bubba.  We tried to explain that Brayden was standing on 2 and he only had 1.  But he was determined to do it.


Our tree and my cold boys.


I love getting out all of the Christmas decorations.  There is always something new or something I forgot about.



We went to a little Christmas street party in North Bend on Curtis' birthday.  We also got a family picture with Santa, which I love.

Sorry PaPa Heard, but Brayden has taken after me and loves to shake gifts. Very often I would find him under the tree shaking presents.

Of course we did a lot of Christmas baking.  The boys helped a lot.  Brayden rolled about a million cookie balls.  Colby rolled quite a few also, and dropped his fair share too.


Grammy and PaPa Marks came on the 21st.  I don't think Grammy got a moment to herself the whole visit.  I thought that we were going to have to surgically remove Brayden from Grammy before they left.


We went to Seattle one day.  We went shopping at Pike's Place.  We watched them throw fish at the famous fish market.  There is a fish being thrown below.  It was something I have been wanting to see.



Next we went to the space needle.  Since it was 2 days before Christmas the boys got to decorate cookies and see Santa in a space rocket.  It was a beautiful day and the view was awesome.




So this picture has nothing to do with Christmas.  It is just a beautiful picture of the sunset from our porch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home